Weekly Wrap Up: June 2, 2017
WHERE DID THIS WEEK GO? This entire week was loaded to the gills with real estate - staring on Sunday by helping a fellow agent on a final walkthrough on her new house and ending today by fielding showing appointments for my new listing. I like to read this design blog and they featured a quote this week: “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”– William Arthur Ward. Yup. I am always so humbled and grateful to live this life and I always try to express it to myself and my clients each day.
ON MY RADAR
- This is definitely not the season for me to have weekend vacations, but if you're in the mood to get out of town, check out these 10 towns to visit around Atlanta.
HOME OF THE WEEK
I didn't go on caravans this week because I spent the day wrapping up some of my own buyer and seller needs. So I hate to toot my own horn but my clients' condo in the La France Lofts is easily my home of the week. If I didn't already own a home, I'd be trying to buy it in a second.
THINGS THAT ARE NOT FESTIVALS
- There's a Prince parade on the Beltline tomorrow night, Saturday the 3rd. Yeah that's right, y'all. A PRINCE PARADE.
- My friends' band the Art School Jocks is playing at the Drunken Unicorn tomorrow for their cassette tape release party. That's right, y'all. A CASSETTE TAPE RELEASE PARTY.
- On Wednesday the 7th, the old movie theatre in Avondale Estates is holding a singer / songwriter open mic night. That's right y'all, the MOVIE THEATRE IN AVONDALE ESTATES IS ACTUALLY OPEN FOR EVENTS!
WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK
- I'm going to help some friends and clients appeal their property tax increases. If you haven't heard, Fulton County basically just gave everyone a heart attack by raising taxes by a LOT. Full disclosure, some of these are going to be hard to contest. The county hadn't reassessed a lot of properties over the years and just because your $400 property tax bill ballooned to $1,200 doesn't mean it's going to be a home run to appeal. But that's part of my job and what I like to do (I successfully appealed my own property last year for a 3-year freeze) so if you or someone you know needs help, let me know!
- I still have several clients actively looking in Adair Park, Capitol View, Medlock Park and North Druid Hills. Have you been thinking of selling or know of someone toying with the idea of buying or selling? Have them get in touch, I'd love to see what we can work out.